Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Summer Too Long

Summer's nearly over. Well the summer holidays at least. A lot of things have been happening. Some good, some bad. Lessons learned and reality checks in life have kinda knocked me awake I guess. Summer has been going good. Bumming around, lazing around. Hanging out with friends and watching movies. These good times I will always remember.

Just got news two days ago, a friend of mine passed away. Emotions running through my mind. I just saw him on Sunday, now he will be gone forever. Listening to my dad preach, I stared at the coffin, how in the world did it come to this I asked myself as I sat there. Asking myself, was I a good friend to him, was I even a friend to him at all. Thoughts filled my mind quickly, trying not to lose focus of the message, I heard words that will forever change the way I look at death. My dad uttered these simple words, "He has not left home, but is at home." People often say things like he/she has gone home to be with the Lord. But do they actually realize what these words mean? I soon realized, how awesome Jesus is. He has gone to heaven to prepare a home for me. It moved me deeply, also soon realizing how short a persons life is after the wake when a few of the church youth were talking. There are so many influence in our life, whether we admit them or not, they do play a factor. Too many thoughts running through my mind, guess death can be a scary thing. Helps each of us realize that we shouldn't take things for granted and that life is precious. Forever grateful that You carry me on Jesus.



Thank You, God, for this love and grace You have so faithfully given to me. I pray that You will give peace and comfort to those in need of it. That You will reveal Yourself in a supernatural way, that they will live each day blessed by Your grace and mercy. Amen.

I will remember you always, rest in peace, my dear friend.

No comments: